Practical teaching and outreach for agricultural producers
Our seminars and educational services include group and individualized family-focused consultations by members of the Elm Grove team.
In addition to owner Bob Olson, most team members are trained educators with extensive teaching and outreach experiences. They are accustomed to developing curriculum and group presentation packages for a variety of agricultural topics. Their list of offerings includes:
Passing on the family business
Passing on a family business can be complicated. Elm Grove works with families who find themselves at different stages of the succession process, providing informative teaching and practical guidance regarding:
- Developing an effective transfer of the farming assets and the knowledge necessary to continue the farm business.
- Communicating your desires among the many stakeholders.
- Determining how to fairly and/or equitably treat heirs.
- Assessing whether the business will adequately support the new owner(s).
- Formalizing your plan and seeking legal assistance.
- Engaging outside parties to help your family navigate this emotional path.
Developing a land stewardship plan
A comprehensive land stewardship plan will help you answer a number of important questions. Elm Grove can help you develop a plan that will provide detailed answers to questions like:
- Are you satisfied with the way your farm is managed?
- Are you an absentee landowner wondering if your tenant is serving your interests and the special attributes you value?
- What sort of conservation practices, crop rotations and land management ethics need to be fostered?
- What do you want your farm to look like 20, 30 or 50 years from now?
- When do you engage a third party to look out for your financial and stewardship goals?
Contact Elm Grove Enterprises to learn more.